Ancestry of George H. Wright George H. Wright, a highly esteemed octogenerian, was a living example of what patient purpose, resolute working can do. He was born January 22, 1813 in Chester County, Pennsylvania where he recieved a limited education at the schools of that period. His father, Robert Wright, was a native of County Monaghan, Ireland where he spent his life, married and had a numerous family of which one son named James became the father of the subject of this sketch. James Wright was born in County Monaghan, Ireland in 1778. When a lad of ten years he emigrated from his native land to America. Landing in Philadelphia whence he shortly afterwards proceeded to Chester County of the same state. He was bound out to Daniel Cornick, a farmer, with whom he made his home, being entrained in agricultural pursuits until eighteen years of age. He commenced the stone masons trade which he followed until 1818 in which year he came to Washington County, Pa. Locating in Amwell Twp. he purchased a tract of land lying northeast of Amity where he passed the remainder of his life. While a resident of Chester County, he married Jane Burns, a native of the same county, born of English parents. To this union came the following children: Samuel, James, Andrew, Henry, Bearns, Margaret, Sarah and George H., the subject of this sketch. Those born in Chester County, Pa. were James, George H. and Sarah, wife of Morgan Loose. After living in Chester County twelve years he moved to Amwell Twp. There, were born Henry B., Jackson and Margaret, wife of Nickolas Horn. James emigrated to Cross Plains, Indiana, Samuel to Coles County, Ill., Jackson to Coles County, Ill., Henry B. to Owls Creek, Knox County, Ohio and George H. to Richhill Twp., Greene County, Pa. The father of this family died Sept. 6, 1855. The mother followed June 3, 1870, at the advanced age of ninety-one years. Both are buried in the Amity Cemetery near the Amity Presbyterian Church. George H. Wright, at the age of eighteen, commenced life for himself. Leaving home and working different places on farms by the month in which he continued until the spring of 1838, when he took up residence in Richhill Twp., Greene County, Pa. where he remained until 1849 in which time he came to East Finley Twp., locating one mile southeast of the East Finley Post Office. In 1832 Mr. Wright was united in marriage with Lydia Holbert. To this union were born nine children, six sons and three daughters, as follows: James R., member of Co. K, 16th Penna. Calvary, War of 1861, Henry C., George W., and Isaac B. [Twins], John H. and Franklin. The daughters being Frances Jane, Katherine, wife of George Ealy, and Margaret. Mr. and Mrs. Wright are buried in the Fairmount Cemetery in East Finley Twp. Lydia Holbert, born 1809 was a daughter of John Holbert who sailed from Scotland in 1740 and Fannie Winsy, his wife, sailed from Wales about the same time. They met and were married in Lowden County, Virginia where they lived until the following children were born: Henry, Sanford, William, Katherine, Winsy and Lydia Holbert. Lydia became the wife of George H. Wright. At the birth of Lydia Holbert the mother died, leaving John Holbert with his little family. He then moved with his family from Virginia to Washington County, Pa., located in what is now South Franklin Twp., near Prosperity Pike. He went to housekeeping there in a hewed log cabin near where the late Dr. Dodd practiced medicine. John Holbert lived here the rest of his life. A number of the Wrights lived to be of good age some being eighty years and over. Henry C. Wright died in his ninety-first year. Mr. and Mrs. Wright were consistent members of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church at Old Concord. Mr. Wright in his political life was a life long Democrat. This information was given to this newsletter by George Stewart Ealy, of Nineveh, Pennsylvania.