On September 39, 1754, there arrived in the Port of Philadelphia, the British ship, Neptune, Captain Ware, master, and several hundred passengers from Darmstadt and Zweibruken. Among the passenggers were George Hoffman, Daniel Stegner, and Phillipus Frey, who with some one hundred and thirty eight other males took the Oath of Allegiance to the British at that port. No doubt these men were related or at least from the same locality in the Palatinate, which suggests that they settled in the same neighborhood here, since there are several intermarriages in the next two generations. It is probale from the evidence, that they settled after their arrival, in the German settlement in Frederick County, Maryland, from which they moved into the Upper Shenandoah Valley and later to the Tenmile Country. It is not clear when they arrived on the Tenmile, but in the Census for 1790, a George and Henry Huffman are listed among the names of those living near land on one fork of Ruffs Creek from Nehemiah Scott, which land has remained in the family to this date. On June 2, 1804, George Huffman and wife, Anne, sold a portion of the tract patented to Nehemiah Scott under the name "South Valley" to William Fonner, in a deed that describes it as adjoining the land of George Huffman, Jr. The following year on May 1, 1805, they made another deed to George Huffman, Jr., and James Huffman, their sons, for a lot in Wayesburg, either No. 167 or 137, which was used to complete a deal with Robert Whitehill. (Greene County Deed Book 2. pp 65. and 241 1/2.) Benjamin Huffman, who had the land adjoining George Huffman, Jr., on Ruffs Creek was another son, and Henry Huffman, whose will was probated in Greene County on January 11, 1812, was probably another. This Henry Huffman had married or lived with Catrouche Frey, mother of his children, who are not named in the will, the wording of which allows different interpretations. It appears that George Huffman, Sr., moved to Hanover Township, Washington County, where he died about 1814, leaving a will naming his wife,Ann, and sons, George and Henry Huffman.
1. Elizabeth Huffman.
2. James Huffman.
2. Benjamin Huffman.
3. Sarah Huffman.
4. Jacob Huffman.
5. James Huffman.
6. Thomas Huffman.
7. Joseph Huffman, born July 7, 1838; married, 1869, Nancy Reese.
8. Rachel Huffman, born March 20, 1842.
3. George Huffman.
4. Matilda Huffman, married Dennis Iams.
5. Nancy Huffman, married John Swart.
6. Rebecca Huffman, married John Iams.
7. Delilah Huffman, married Thomas Iams.
1. Benjamin Iams, killed in the Civil War.
8. Elizabeth Huffman, married John McGinnis.
2. F.P. Iams.
3. James Iams, born January 2, 1857, married Belle Swart.
4. Otho Iams, born September 4, 1846, married Sarah Bane.
9. Joseph Huffman, born 1807, removed to Knox County, Ohio, then to Indiana, and died in Kansas, 1885. He married Hannah McClelland, daughter of Cary and Polly (Wathen) McClelland.
1. Cary Huffman.
10. Benjamin Huffman.
2. Sarah Huffman.
3. Rachel Huffman.
4. Mary S. Huffman.
5. Henrietta Huffman.
6. James M. Huffman.
7. Benjamin Huffman.
8. Joseph E. Huffman.
5. Julia Ann Huffman, born June 10, 1847; married, 1867, L.H. Mitchell, born June 10, 1846. ([See Bates, "History of Greene County, Pa., pp. 755-756.])
7. William Huffman, born December 27, 1850; married, November 27, 1870, Jennie Fordyce. ([See Bates, History of Greene County, Pa., pp. 752]).
2. Abraham Huffman.
3. Rachel Huffman, married Jesse Stewart.
4. Catherine Huffman.
5. Sarah Huffman, married ___ Cameron.
6. Nancy Huffman, married (1) Ira Smith.
7. Margaret Huffman.
8. Eliza Huffman, married (1) Silas Barnes; married (2) John Headley.
9. Mahala Huffman, married ____ McCarl.
10. George Huffman, born April 12, 1817, died October 1897; married, November 11. 1838, Susannah Stegner, born March 13, 1818, died March 1902.
1. Mary Jane Huffman, born January 26, 1839, married J.R. Johns.
2. George W. Huffman, born January 17, 1844, died September 20, 1903; married Pheobe J. Baldwin, Sept. 20, 1865; she was born March 27, 1846, died March 19, 1896.
3. Thomas J. Huffman, born December 17, 1849; married Eliza Mattox, born October 12, 1852.
4. John Huffman, born January 24, 1856; married Alice Swart on November 16, 1876. She was born April 20, 1857, and died September 21, 1913.